Products and Services
Technology to help your understand speech again
If you have a permanent hearing loss that needs correction, the best possible solution for your problem will be chosen from a variety of manufactures. I need a variety of manufacturers like Unitron, Sonic Innovations, Siemens, Phonak, ReSound, and Starkey because not all hearing instruments are the same.
If you’ve put off wearing a hearing aid because you were afraid to be seen wearing a hearing aid, you can now choose complete-in the-canal aids that provide the ultimate in discretion. Unlike conventional aids, these deep insertion aids fit deep inside your ear canal. They go in far enough to be out of sight, but they are close enough to provide the comfort and hearing benefits that larger aids may not be able to match.
We have the very latest technology, digital hearing aids. We’re featuring products from Unitron Hearing Systems, hearing instruments clinically proven to enhance speech in the presence of background noise. Unitron made amazing breakthroughs in miniaturization and manufacturing to bring better-than-CD sound processing and advanced computerized features to even the tiniest hearing aids.
You’ll find all the brands that will fit your needs and your budget.
Money Saving Battery Club
We also have a Battery Club which provides you with the highest quality batteries at the best prices. You can either come in and buy your batteries, or you can just call us on the phone and we’ll mail them to your home. For more information, click here to visit the download page. There you find a money saving coupon and learn how to start saving money on your hearing aid batteries today!
Complete solutions for difficult listening situations
We carry a complete line of assistive hearing devices. These devices are designed to supplement your hearing aids in areas where you need a little extra help. For instance, the Audiolink Personal Listening System is a wireless amplifier which delivers crystal clear enhanced sound while watching TV at home or enjoying public performances. We have assistive hearing devices for churches, theaters, telephones, and other difficult listening areas.
The first step on the road to better hearing begins by having your hearing problem thoroughly evaluated. Most offices utilize only an audiometer to measure your hearing. At Basin Audiology you’ll find state of the art diagnostic computers to evaluate hearing loss and balance problems. You will get the type of complete evaluation which you might only expect by having to drive to Medford, Eugene, or Portland. At Basin Audiology you will find:
- Audiometric sound booths — for accurate measurement of your residual hearing.
- Pure tone air, bone and speech audiometers — for measuring not only how well you hear sounds, but also to measure how well you understand speech. After all, that’s why you’re here.
- Acoustic Impedance audiometers — for determining the pressure behind the eardrum and evaluating the response of the auditory nerve.
- Fiber optic video otoscope — for clear and precise viewing of the eardrum.
- Binocular Microscope — for ear wax removal and oto block placement.
- Hearing aid vacuum system — for removal of sound blocking buildup in your hearing aid speaker and microphone.
- Hearing aid analyzers — for verifying levels of distortion, battery drain, and hearing aid response as compared to specification when the hearing aid was new
- Real Ear analyzers — for measuring the response of the hearing aid in your ear while you are wearing it. This is so you will know that the hearing aid is giving you the right kind of help.
Regardless of the type of hearing problem, you will be able to choose from a variety of solutions. If your problem requires medical or surgical treatment, we will work with your physician to see that the problem is treated correctly and that hearing aids are fit only when necessary.
We’ve devoted our lives to helping you to hear better. This means that if hearing aids are the most appropriate solution for you, that’s not the only thing that you’ll get from us. We will provide the expertise that you need to be successful. When we bundle your services, you will receive:
- Four week follow up program included with every aid, and there are unlimited visits.
- After initial follow-up, you’ll return twice a year for check ups, cleaning and service of the volume control, battery contacts, and receiver tubing.
- Inspection of the ear canal and cerumen (ear wax) management and removal in our office.
- Cleaning and evaluation of ear molds for behind the ear aids.
- Replacement of ear mold tubing for behind the ear aids.
- Retesting of your hearing every two years
And of course, these extra services will be provided to you at no additional charge.
The hearing aid is only part of the solution, and your follow-up program will be designed to provide you with the care and instruction to use your hearing aids successfully. The type of success that brings families back together again. In fact, we believe that we can make all the difference. If you go through your program and don’t feel that the hearing aids are giving you the help you need, simply return them for a refund.
For more information call us at 541-884-3725